North County Animal Hospital is happy to offer international & domestic health certificate services to our clients who are preparing to travel with their pet. If you have a trip coming up, or would like to plan one, please read the details below regarding the differences between international & domestic travel with a pet, as well as where you can find more information on the requirements. If you have any remaining questions, you may call or contact us online!

International Health Certificates:

International travel can be very complex especially since each country has it’s own set of rules and requirements. Each of these requirements have to be met exactly as written and are usually time sensitive. With this being said, please let us know as soon as you know your travel dates. Listed below is the link for the USDA website that contains the most up to date database for most countries:

Domestic Health Certificates:

Domestic travel is significantly less complicated but can also be time sensitive so it’s still best to let us know your travel dates as soon as possible. The requirements for these certificates are given by whichever airline you choose to fly with. It is best to call the airline or check their website regarding when they require an examination of your pet prior to travel (usually between 10 to 30 days). Some airlines simply require a rabies certificate and nothing else so it’s always best to check.

Schedule an appointment or call (561) 746-7496 today to get your pet’s health certificate!